Life's Daily Challenges Forum
Welcome back to Life's Daily Challenges Forum, we are glad you're here! Please log in.

This forum is a place for inspiration and hope through life's daily challenges. Poems, quotes, testimony, comfort, support, and more!

RegisterHomeLog inGalleryUsergroupsMemberlistCalendarFAQ
Welcome New Members!
We're glad to have you. Please feel free to jump into current discussions, or start one of your own. Again, welcome to Life's Daily Challenges!
Latest topics
» Epic Entrepreneur
7/11/2017, 5:37 pm by Nancy

» Do others frustrate you?
9/29/2014, 3:15 pm by Nancy

» Which flower are you?
9/19/2014, 9:54 pm by Nancy

» Saturday fun
9/13/2014, 6:46 pm by Nancy

» Dr. Phil's "Ten Life Laws"
9/8/2014, 1:53 am by Nancy

» NEW FORUM TOPICS!!
9/3/2014, 12:32 am by Nancy

Visit us on Pinterest!
Visit DailyChallenges's profile on Pinterest.
Book Release

End of Summer Sale!!!
Use coupon code: 9SJBDYRW to save $2.00 off the original list price of $5.38, get your copy of Life's Daily Challenges (printed edition) now and save big!

To get your copy of the printed edition, please visit our: E-Store

Also available on Kindle for $3.00: Kindle Edition
Follow us on Facebook!
Start free!

Free website, marketing tools, training, etc.! BBB credited, W9 filed w/IRS, pay day on Friday through direct deposit!

Join Today!

Share | 

Procrastination

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nancy
Founder, Author
Founder, Author

Number of posts : 253
Humor : Life is funny how it works....so laugh out loud each day.

PostSubject: Procrastination   11/5/2009, 1:18 pm

Procrastination, is more often than not, our enemy when regarding our success through life. Yet, we allow ourselves to procrastinate because it tends to give us the feel of instant gratification. Gratifying our need to feel rested, by putting off house work. Gratifying our need to have additional cash for the moment, by putting off a bill that needs paid. Gratifying our need for a day off, by calling in sick from work. And that is just a few examples of procrastination, there are far too many more.

Over all, we find ourselves constantly putting off something that we know we should be doing; that ultimately we will benefit from in the long run. And then we find ourselves eventually kicking ourselves for making the poor choices that we often make. So what is it exactly that causes us to act so irrational when it comes to the debate in our head?

The answer is simply this, "The Ego". The ego is simply thoughts in the mind, it is not who you truly are as a person. And the ego thrives off of any kind of gratification, and especially likes instant gratification because it requires less effort. But the ego is never satisfied for very long, and then it looks for something else to be satisfied by. This is when we might find ourselves debating rather or not to purchase a new sweater that is on sale or save the money for the vacation we have planned, as an example. The ego says "buy it, you deserve it"; and your authentic self says "no, I should save the money for vacation".

We often take note of the ego within others when it comes to procrastination, greed, selfishness, etc. We judge them by their actions based on their ego, and often think these individuals should take a look in the mirror. But we don't always think to look at the ego within ourselves. And there are times that we do acknowledge that we have room for improvement, however, continue to allow the ego to drive us through life.

Awareness, is the number one step into improving our quality of life. Awareness of our weaknesses, and strengths. And learning to be more in tune to how our mind has been trained to work. Learn to avoid making the bad choices which ultimately set ourselves up for disappointment in the long run, and sabotage our way of life. And to be more in tune to our strengths, and bring them to the fore-front of our lives. And allow our strengths to drive us through life instead of the ego.

We suddenly find that things begin to fall into place because there is no longer the ego fighting against it. Certainly with every effort, large or small, that we make through the strengths that we carry; we find that the blessings are endless. And our lives become more fulfilled in every way.

© 2008 by Nancy Horton. All Rights Reserved.

Follow on Facebook
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gazellepower
Gettin' Comfy
Gettin' Comfy

Number of posts : 1
Humor : Georgia is a beautiful State hope you get to see it.

PostSubject: Re: Procrastination   12/15/2010, 2:46 am

Nancy,
Oh my goodness you have hit on the right button. I do this all the time. Put off cleaning up my office because I am on the computer "working" [no looking at other people's blog not working on mine.] Thank you so much you have just set off a goal setting exercise for me. I know now what I have to do with my time line.
I will be off all next week and you better believe I have bookmarked your blog and will be back.
Glad to meet another Braveheart woman.
Your Friend

Gazellepower

With the speed of a gazelle do we go through our life...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nancy
Founder, Author
Founder, Author

Number of posts : 253
Humor : Life is funny how it works....so laugh out loud each day.

PostSubject: Re: Procrastination   12/15/2010, 12:26 pm

Hello gazellepower,

Glad you are with us, welcome! A more formal welcome will be presented to you as a new member. I was wanting to reply to your message here, but didn't want to do that without saying welcome first.

In regard to procrastination, I think we are all guilty of it from time to time, and with various things in life; work, school, personal achievements, social issues, financial goals, etc. I am personally currently struggling with the Christmas duties and goals that I have set for myself. I find myself doing each thing maybe a week or so later than originally planned. Gradually getting things done, but procrastination is definitely the hang up and it's my own fault for having to rush through it all. But....knowledge, and acceptance of our shortcomings is "power", and the key to positive change no matter what challenge we face!

Please do share with us what you do through BraveHeart Women, many other members I am sure will benefit from that as well! Have a wonderful day!

Follow on Facebook
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Procrastination   

Back to top Go down

Procrastination
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1